West Indianola and Rochester Elementary-USD 345 School District
Red Ribbon Calendar of Events – October 19-22, 2010 Theme: “Call On Me To Be Drug Free”
Tuesday- “Team Up Against Drugs”
- Students and teachers will wear their favorite team shirt or jersey.
- Night Out – Families who wear red will be able to receive 25% off entire bill (Gambinos).
- Tina Boles Cyber-bullying presentation
Wednesday- “Put a Cap on Drugs”
- Students and teachers will wear their favorite hat.
- Night Out – Families who wear red and say they are wearing Red in honor or Red Ribbon Week will receive a free yogurt parfait, side salad or apple dippers. (McDonalds 46th Street)
Thursday- “I Can, You Can, We Can”
- Students and teachers are encouraged to bring can goods on this day to donate to the Topeka North Outreach Mission.
- Team building – Rochester (a.m.) West Indianola (p.m.) – Tammy Adams ValueOptions
- Night Out – Families who wear red will be able to receive a free small frosty/ice cream (Pad).
Friday- “Wear Red Friday”
- Students, parents and teachers will wear red to celebrate Red Ribbon Week.
- Students will have their face tattooed.
- Students will sign Drug Free pledge
- Night Out – Families who wear red w/flyer can purchase one small blizzard treat and receive one free. (Dairy Queen)
Silver Lake Elementary-USD 372 October 25-29, 2010Also this year ValueOptions® Prevention, Education and Outreach Coordinator, Tammy Adams, taught students in Silver Lake Elementary on the prevention of substance use as well as a curriculum on being alike/different.
Activities for the week include:
- Coloring pictures to hang throughout the community at local businesses. Some of the pictures are of a bear that states “Drugs are Unbearable” a monkey that states “Don’t Monkey with Drugs”
- Those Silver Lake businesses collaborating with the effort are as follows:
- Casey’s General Store
- Kidney Insurance Agency
- Silver Lake Library
- Silver Lake Post Office
- Wehner’s Grocery Store
- Window Design
- Signing a certificate of accomplishment for completing Red Ribbon Week.
- Signing a Red Ribbon banner which was posted in the elementary school.
- Passing out snack bags with pencils, stickers, suckers, and a statement about the collaboration of Red Ribbon Week to take home to their families.